Friday, December 11, 2015

UNIT 1- ETERNAL TRUTHS IN THE FAMILY

Eternal truths are a huge part of the family. But what I think is more important, is the eternal truth of family. Elder Henry B. Eyring reminds us that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has only issued a proclamation a total of 4 times. The one that I am going to focus on is “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”. Some times in this world, especially at this time, we get realize confused about what is needed, about what is expected of us as members. But we have to remember that we have the prophet and his apostles and leaders in the church to help us out. Sometimes he gives us inspirations directly, and sometimes it has to go through the leaders of the church. That is why it is such a blessing for us to have the Prophet and Apostles around to help us.
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World” is one thing that we can always look to when we are needing to be reassured about what we, as women, should be doing. A lot of the literature today is all confusing and you are never sure what you need to do. But this document comes from God, and we all know that God isn’t vague. He will tell us exactly what he wants and how he wants it done. And with the family he tells us what it is and how it will become that way. First of all, we know that marriage is between a man and a woman, and that is how it should be. In this day and age, one of the biggest issues is that of Gay Marriage. This year we have legalized gay marriage in the United States. As a religion we need to make sure that we stand strong in what we believe. It is only going to get worse from here. Another thing we learn is that gender is an essential role. Even in the premortal existence, we had our respective genders. In today’s society, even that isn’t a sacred thing. Like I said before we have got to stand strong.
The way we can be with our family for eternity, is by means of the temple. In the temple we will make covenants and do sacred ordinances that make it possible for us to return to our Father in Heaven and be with our families for time and all eternity. I understand that families can be a pain in the behind, and that we don’t always get along very well. But when you really stop to think about it, who would you rather spend forever with. I know first-hand that families can be a thorn in your hind quarters.
In my family I have:
My dad Terry, he works as a farm loan officer and a part time professor at our community college. He can master any skill you try and throw at him. He is always available if you need to talk. And my favorite thing about him is we share an obsession with brownies.  
My mom Susan, who works as the accountant and really the manager of our dance studio back home. She is super crafty and will sit and listen to me whine all days about my problems. She loves to bake. Her favorite is Wedding cake. I have to stand by that decision; it’s pretty good.
My oldest brother Tyson, and his wife Aly and their baby girl Scout. Ty is in the Army and is a pain in the butt. But he is mine. They were just stationed in California, and now are about to be moved to Hawaii. I sure hope I get to visit! Scout is 1 and a half and I get to see them at Christmas after 2 years of not seeing Ty.
My other brother AJ and his wife Alex. They live in Twin Falls, not too far away. He followed after my dad and Alex works in a doctor’s office. I love them to death. They have been married just barley over a year and have just bought their first house!
My older sister Lilly and her husband Breck. Breck is in PT school right now and Lilly graduated from BYU-Idaho with her Bachelors in Communications. They have a baby girl as well. Lillavie is named after our grandmother and her momma, and just turned 1.
My older sister Megan and her husband Nick. They are working up in Washington right now at his family business but soon will be moving to Texas. They have been married a little over a year as well. While we will miss her in Texas, she will always be my best friend.
And my youngest sister, my baby girl, Tessa. Tess is only 13 but has a very bright future. She loves to dance and sing. She is taking after me and is always on her phone watching Netflix, sorry momma. She will always be my baby girl and my favorite family member.


My family is crazy and big and loud and dysfunctional but they are mine and this week’s unit about the family and the eternal truths behind it has really made me realize how much they mean to me and how hard it would be without them in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment